So, I am one of the ones that loves Valentine's Day. I love being pampered and shown how much I am loved and I can't wait to spend more time with my one true Valentine, my husband. We did have a wonderful Valentine's day, which we started on Sunday. We went to church, then home for a quick change, then off to Lenox Square to go shopping and walking around. We then got to spend lots of time together while we were stuck in traffic and then got really close when we were rear-ended! Fortunately there is not a lot of damage, but Chris was irate! I don't understand people sometimes, we were obviously stuck in traffic not going anywhere, when the lady behind us decided that she just wanted to go... so she went into us! She didn't even know she had hit us until Chris flew out of the car like a crazy man! We called the police, but once they arrived we decided not to file a report. The police did verify her insurance and information, so we took that and got her to sign a paper saying that she was responsible and that she would pay for the damages. There were not a lot of damages, just a little scratch, but it has already started to flake, so I am sure that there is going to be more damage there than meets the eye. We will be taking the truck to the dealership in the next few days, so we will see exactly how much damage was done.
So after and hour of doing this, we were on our way. We had piddled around with the idea of going to the shooting range, but after this, we decided that it would be a good way to blow off steam. We were right! It was fun, I had been once before, but this time was better. I was less scared and more ready for what to expect, like the kickback of the gun and the loud shots from all the people around me. I have wanted a revolver for a long time, so I got to try that out... turns out, I don't want one. It was small, but had a big kickback, so it was harder to handle. Chris got a gun that was similar to his, but less power, and I liked that one. I did really good with it, and even shot the target in the heart! Yea! I can actually kill someone within 5 yards of me! I know, it doesn't seem to far away, but it is more difficult than you think. I have to say, there is no better way to say I love you, than to go to a shooting range with him/her. It takes a lot of trust to be there with them and to follow directions and read lips!
So after that, we went to our favorite restaurant... TACO MAC! I do love me some wings from there! Then we went home to the animals and spent some quality time with them. But that's not it. Then Monday comes, VALENTINE'S DAY! Chris took the day off and we got to spend all day watching tv and movies and hanging out. He then had to go out to pick up some things, and to my surprise, brought be back a beautiful bouquet of roses! I do love my husband! We then went to one of our other favorite restaurants, Season's 52. It is a romantic restaurant where everything on the menu is less than 500 calories, so I can feel good about eating! They are so great, I got a roasted Salmon with mixed vegetables and Chris got a Quail breast with sweet potatoes. It was so yummy! I love it! We then drove around, almost went to the movies, but decided not to, and ended up back home with the pets again. I love Valentine's Day! I hope everyone's was as special as mine was!
No comments:
Post a Comment